Re: scroll-conservatively overflow

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: scroll-conservatively overflow
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 13:50:51 -0400

    2004-03-02  Richard M. Stallman  <address@hidden>

            * indent.c (compute_motion): Save vpos in prev_vpos, like hpos etc.

    Reverting this change (see attached patch) solves all issues in Dired,
    Gnus, etc.

    I have tried to come up with a fix but failed.  I don't really
    understand why this change was necessary, it adds complexity and does
    not fix anything as far as I can see.

I made that change to fix a specific bug.  That function was returning
incorrect results in a certain case.  I don't remember the test case,
unfortunately.

This change also makes the function cleaner because it handles vpos
like the various other values.

Apparently the new code has another bug.  That often happens.  Could
you figure out precisely what the bug is?  Then we could find the
right fix.