Re: User-reserved element in byte code vectors

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: User-reserved element in byte code vectors
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 05:43:16 -0400

On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 09:59:24AM +0200, Lars Brinkhoff wrote:
> The downside to that is that you would have to create both a new byte
> code object, and a new constants vector every time a closure is
> creates, e.g.:

The way my lexical-binding branch makes closures is basically with a new
`curried function' type, e.g.:

   (funcall (curry '+ 2 3 4) 5) => 14

So a closure is just:

  (curry (lambda (env arg1 ...) ...)
         environment-vector)

Since the curried-functions are very, very, simple[*], I think it shouldn't
be a problem to merge that into the trunk.

[*] basically my patch just makes lisp vectors funcallable

-Miles
--
We live, as we dream -- alone....