Strange behaviour of scrollbars on MacOSX

From: Piet van Oostrum
Subject: Strange behaviour of scrollbars on MacOSX
Date: 02 May 2004 13:32:42 +0200

With CVS Carbon Emacs on MacOSX the scrollbars behave quite strangely
compared to other MacOSX applications, and I would say, probably strange
compared to other OSs.

In another application when you click on the blue slider in the scrollbar
and don't move the mouse, everything stays as it was, no scrolling takes
place. On MacOSX, however, when you do this, either the scrollbar changes
position (just when you click on it) or the scrollbar stays put but the
text scrolls. Sometimes it is possible to scroll through your buffer
(probably with gaps) with repeatedly clicking on the same location in the
slider without moving the mouse. Sometimes it goes back and forth. I know
that emacs has different ideas about scrollbars but is there a way to get
the same behaviour as other apps?
--
Piet van Oostrum <address@hidden>
Private email: address@hidden