Re: It is time for a feature freeze (it is NOW or never).

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: It is time for a feature freeze (it is NOW or never).
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 19:12:36 +0100

 > >> Too good to be true ?
 > > Um, as you seem to be adding many of the new features these days, why don't
 > > you tell us?
 >
 > As a perpertrator of "last minute feature addition", I can't complain.
 > But in any case I think people should from now on concentrate on bug-fixing
 > (which might include some interface-changes, admittedly).

IMHO, any feature freeze is only meaningful if it is accompanied by a branch.
Otherwise new features will have no place to go and will quite likely get
bundled in with bug-fixes.

Also, from the mailing list archives, I see that a year elapsed between the
first pretest and the release of Emacs 21.1. So I would like to see a target
date for the release so that the "freeze" doesn't drag on indefinitely.

Well, one can only hope.

Nick