Re: It is time for a feature freeze (it is NOW or never).

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: It is time for a feature freeze (it is NOW or never).
Date: 03 May 2004 09:21:42 -0400

> BTW, what about USE_LSB_TAG ?
> Should we make it the default on some platforms?  Which ones?

The USE_LSB_TAG code is ready in the sense that it should work just as
well as the default (or as USE_LISP_UNION_TYPE).  Even .gdbinit has been
updated to automatically know how to do xbacktrace and stuff with it.

So we could make it the default on some platforms (I've used it extensively
on MacOSX and GNU/Linux).

Note that there is still an open bug (by David Ponce) that I have not been
able to track down.

        Stefan