Re: describe-mode's treatment of minor-modes is annoying

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: describe-mode's treatment of minor-modes is annoying
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 10:05:00 -0400

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 09:52:03AM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> >> I think all that should be moved to _after_ the major mode description,
> >> with a single-line hyper link at the beginning of the buffer that jumps
> >> there.
> > I second that; the new behavior is annoying as hell.
>
> Well, I don't know about hell, but I agree in the sense that I find it
> unhelpful.  Maybe we should not only move the minor mode summary to after
> the major mode, but also split the minor mode summary into buffer-local
> minor modes vs global minor modes.

Yeah I agree about that too; if the minor modes are on their own page after
the major modes, I think it would suffice to just put the global modes after
the local modes, with a blank line or two in between them, just enough to
make the separation clear.

-Miles
--
Come now, if we were really planning to harm you, would we be waiting here,
 beside the path, in the very darkest part of the forest?