Re: User-reserved element in byte code vectors

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: User-reserved element in byte code vectors
Date: 06 May 2004 10:24:18 -0400

>    (curry '+ 1 2 3)
>    => #[curry + 1 2 3]

Sounds like a very good way to implement currying within Elisp.
Much better than your current use of plain vectors.
But of course it will break some elisp code that expects a byte-compiled-p
object to have a particular shape (typically code that wants to get at the
docstring, or the arglist, or the interactive spec).

I'm still not sure I understand what it would be used for.

Is that how you construct closures in your lexbind branch?
I thought you used extra arguments in byte-compiled-objects for that.

        Stefan