Re: Mode-line customization.

From: Peter Whaite
Subject: Re: Mode-line customization.
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 13:38:38 -0400

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> When you modify a version controlled file in XEmacs, the background of
> >> the CVS version becomes highlighted.  In Emacs, it goes from CVS-1.21
> >> => CVS:1.21 which isn't obvious

I never noticed that, but I wasn't looking.  I like the idea that there
is a modeline indicator for modified files, but I'm not convinced it
has to be obvious.

Seeing as all this is a matter of personal opinion I find CVS*1.21 ugly
and I dont find CVS:1.21 that pretty either. My preference is CVS+1.21
(mnemonic: additions have been made to version 1.21).

> Maybe it's more obvious in XEmacs, but... boy it's ugly!!

Yeah I agree with this and with Stephan's other comments regarding
background highlighting (well except for the rounded corners thing).

Changing the foreground color would be my choice for a default
customization.

--
Peter Whaite (http://whaite.ca)