Re: reverting CJK input methods

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: reverting CJK input methods
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 18:38:39 +0200 (CEST)

> So, I decided to generate a halfly cooked decode-map on demand,
> which results in, I hope, reasonable speed for M-x quail-show-key
> both at the first attempt and the succeeding attempts.

Very nice, thanks!  For me there is no delay visible now.

I suggest that you incorporate this into Emacs -- it is a tiny and
very useful, but a new feature, so I don't know whether it should be
added right now or after the next release.

What key assignment do you suggest?

    Werner

PS: Some possible improvements:

    . Using quail-show-key on a key X which is assigned to
      `self-insert-command' should probably say so instead of

         X can't be input by current input method

    . quail-show-key should say `no input method is activated now' if
      no input method is active instead of referring to the one
      selected previously.