Re: address@hidden: `=' not as punctuation in sh-mode syntax table]

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: address@hidden: `=' not as punctuation in sh-mode syntax table]
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 19:03:20 -0400

On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 06:00:09PM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
> What do people think of this idea?

> From: Frederik Fouvry <address@hidden>
>
> I propose that `=' should be added to sh-mode-syntax-table as punctuation

I think it's a good idea.  The current behavior, with `=' as part of a
symbol, often drives me nuts[*].

[*] Mostly because it means that when dynamic-abbrev inserts a completion
    that was found in a variable definition, it includes the definition as
    well -- which I can't delete using backward-kill-word!

-Miles
--
/\ /\
(^.^)