Re: Gnus for next release

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Gnus for next release
Date: 10 May 2004 10:31:42 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> I've been talking with the Gnus developers, and it comes up that it
> would probably be a good idea to put the current stable release of
> Gnus into the next Emacs release.

[...]

> So what about it?  Sounds pretty good and safe to me (and Gnus is
> largely a standalone part of emacs).

High time.  It should have been put in at least half a year ago.
While it missed the semi-official feature freeze, this was IMO just
an oversight (didn't think of it myself): it is not that any mad
rushes of last-minute fixes were what was causing this.

I don't think it should cause any trouble, and I was short before
reporting a few problems with message-mode.  But it would be a waste
of time bothering about fixing them in 5.9 AFAICS.