Re: new *Help* argument highlighting

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: new *Help* argument highlighting
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 18:26:21 -0400

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 12:10:55AM +0200, Juanma Barranquero wrote:
> So we still have a problem with using lowercase italics as arg
> highlighting.

Still, it seems like a very nice way of presenting the arguments -- easy to
read, less SHOUTY than the old method, and more consistent with the printed
documentation[*].  I'd be happy if there was (as you suggested) a variable
holding a filter-function that help would call to munge the args, which by
default would downcase-and-italicize them.

Then change the docstring for the help-arguments face to say `you might want
to change this variable too'.

99.9% of the users won't ever change either one, so I think the nicer
display would be worth the small amount of added complexity for those who do
want to change something.

[*] Along the same lines, but probably more difficult: maybe the info reader
    should do something similar ...?

-Miles
--
(\(\