Re: new *Help* argument highlighting

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: new *Help* argument highlighting
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 02:04:10 +0200

On Tue, 11 May 2004 10:51:47 -0600, Kevin Rodgers <address@hidden> wrote:

> No, you just need to check (face-differs-from-default-p
> 'help-argument-name) before downcasing the argument.

Well, I've finally commited it so people can take a look at the
downcase/italized setting.

I've installed the two customizable options, the face and the -function
var, because I think using a font differing or not from default is
independent of wanting the args upper or lowercase. As RMS said, not
many people will change the defaults (hopefully), but certainly *I* want
to be able to do it (I prefer args in uppercase).

Still, if face-differs-from-default-p works as expected, I'll patch the
default highlighting lambda to not downcase for default-looking faces.

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u