Re: Possible problem with Gnus

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Possible problem with Gnus
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 11:59:42 +0200

On Tue, May 11 2004, Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> For types that cannot displayed inline in Emacs, a buttons is created,
>> e.g. "[4. application/pdf; foo.pdf]".  To display the attachment, the
>
> What about postscript?  Emacs can display postscript inline, supposedly,
> and postscript can contain nasty code.

By default, Gnus displays "application/postscript" using "gv -safer
%s" (and it's done only on user request, see `mm-automatic-display').

I never tried to display PostScript inline in Emacs.  Could you send
me an example?  I didn't manage to trigger Emacs/Gnus into displaying
a postscript attachment inline (even by using "image/postscript",
to `mm-inline-media-tests' would be necessary.

But even if Gnus would display PostScript inline: Shouldn't Emacs have
an option to disable "deletefile" and "renamefile" and other dangerous
PostScript commands?

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,