Re: Glitches with the GTK toolkit

From: Jérôme Marant
Subject: Re: Glitches with the GTK toolkit
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 13:34:03 +0200

Quoting Miles Bader <address@hidden>:

> address@hidden (Jérôme Marant) writes:
> > I also tried something which is even worse:
> > When I split the main window (C-x 2) and move the modeline of
> > the top buffer, everything is flickering: both scrollbars and buffers.
> > It is pretty ugly.
>
> Yeah, I don't use GTK scrollbars with emacs at all, they just have too
> many problems (the GTK menus & toolbar are pretty nice though).

I usually don't use menus and toolbar, but I use the scrollbar.
These are pretty bad news for me. If the GTK can't technicaly be
improved, I'll have to get back to Athena widget.

BTW, I decided to try the GDB UI, so I reanabled the toolbar.
Why, with Athena widgets is the toolbar so ugly? (even since
21.1). There is some kind of empty space at the bottom of
icons and I didn't find a way to remove it.

--
Jérôme Marant