Re: Glitches with the GTK toolkit

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: Glitches with the GTK toolkit
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 13:58:36 +0200

Quoting "Jan D." <address@hidden>:

OK, I see. But I guess Emacs' interaction with GTK widget is different
from
standard GTK applications.

Very much so.  Some of it is due to the way Emacs is made, and some is
due to the way GTK is made.  It is not a good fit...

I'm disappointed. I'll have to get back to the Athena version since
I often use scrollbars.
Are there really no workarounds? Thanks.

Well, apart from getting a faster machine, you can try a different GTK theme,
not all are pixmap based.  Configure Emacs --without-toolkit-scroll-bars
is one thing to do, but if you don't use menus or toolbars, this becomes
almost the same as compiling for pure X.

        Jan D.