Re: Possible problem with Gnus

From: Paul Jarc
Subject: Re: Possible problem with Gnus
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 10:15:51 -0400

(Reiner, something's up with your Gnus - your message had two MFT
fields.)

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> wrote:
>   [2. application/postscript; dan`ls`erous.ps]
>   -> »Displaying gv -safer /tmp/ste/emm.11740F6T/dan\`ls\`erous.ps...«.

ISTR some systems' mailcap files had quotes around %s, and some
don't.  I don't know whether that's settled down by now, but if it's
still the case, then it would be best to generate a local filename
that doesn't contain any characters that need to be quoted.  A
filename like that will work with either kind of mailcap entry, and
will be safe.  But anyway, since Gnus does the quoting here, we are at
least safe, which answers the original question.

paul