Re: ChangeLog fontifications

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: ChangeLog fontifications
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 17:12:37 -0400

> * Miles Bader <address@hidden> [2004-05-13 16:38:17 -0400]:
>
> On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 09:43:50PM +0200, Bruno Haible wrote:
>> > This is the emacs mailing list, right?  Look at the emacs changelogs.
>>
>> Ok, you mean to say that emacs fontify for ChangeLogs is meant to be used
>> only for Emacs ChangeLogs?
>
> Well, actually I just meant that the post was on an emacs mailing
> list, so I didn't really think about other cases than emacs.... :-)

We are talking about the Emacs mode for editing ChangeLog files.
I believe that is should support all valid ChangeLog files in GNU
projects.

If

        * file.lisp (afgggggggggg,
        bar): baz

is invalid, please provide a reference to a GNU standard document and
start a crusade to make all GNU ChangeLog files valid.

Otherwise, please kindly admit that we have an Emacs bug on our hands.

Thanks.

<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Sinners can repent, but stupid is forever.