Re: Tramp with global-auto-revert-mode.

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Tramp with global-auto-revert-mode.
Date: 14 May 2004 01:46:47 +0200

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

> Kim Storm wrote:
>
>    Always include an xbacktrace please!
>
> (gdb) xbacktrace
> Invalid number -2147483630 of repetitions.

Well :-(

>    We are inside a timer handler here:
>
>    I suppose this calls a tramp handler.
>
> global-autorevert-mode is active.  It calls file-readable-p on a
> remote file.  This call gets handled by Tramp.

Does this indicate that with global-autorevert-mode on, there is a
higher probability that tramp (or other things activated through a
timer handler) will be called recusively?

What is the value of Vtimer_list and Vtimer_idle_list?

(gdb) p Vtimer_list
(gdb) pr
(gdb) p Vtimer_idle_list
(gdb) pr