Re: Fix to long-standing crashes in GC

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Fix to long-standing crashes in GC
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 09:53:14 -0500 (CDT)

Kai Grossjohann wrote:

   Please see the variable tramp-chunksize, try to set it to 500 to see
   what happens, and also do what the docstring says.

I executed the function in the tramp-chunksize docstring.  Result:

"Bytes sent: 1000       Bytes received: 1000"

That seems to indicate that my system does not have the problem
referred to in the docstring.

I set tramp-chunksize to 500.  Still the same:

tramp: Decoding remote file
/ssh:raven.dms.auburn.edu:/home/teirllm/streams.texi with function
base64-decode-region...
tramp-handle-file-local-copy: Invalid base64 data

(Yanked from *Messages*.)

Note that the error only occurs when using auto-revert-mode and when
there already is a remote file being visited (and hence
auto-reverted).  This problem and the crash do not occur if
auto-reverting of remote files is disabled using the option I posted.

Sincerely,

Luc.