Re: Tramp with global-auto-revert-mode.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Tramp with global-auto-revert-mode.
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 14:13:29 -0500 (CDT)

Stefan Monnier wrote:

   > I will try out your patch tomorrow.  From looking at it, it is
   > probably going to be an improvement, but I doubt that it is going to
   > solve all my problems.  I will check.

   I don't think it'll fix your problems.  But if we want to support remote
   files with auto-revert, we'll need something like that patch (after we've
   fixed the crashes).

As you already expected, it did not fix my problems.  I actually now
seem to get much more frequent freezes and crashes.  (Tramp is currently
outright unusable for me with auto-reverting of remote files enabled.)
This can not be due to your patch, however.  Maybe setting
tramp-chunksize to 500 slowed things down, or maybe my connection
got temporarily worse again.

Of course, Lars reported crashes using Tramp and he is _not_ using
auto-revert.  I have never seen any of my problems when auto-reverting
of remote files is disabled or when auto-revert is not active.

Sincerely,

Luc.