Re: Tramp with global-auto-revert-mode.

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: Tramp with global-auto-revert-mode.
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 22:32:19 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> Sending new commands to perform file-readable-p canbe tricky because
> the remote shell might be in any intermediate state, so we'd need to
> detect this state, save it and restore it when done.  Or else open
> up a new connection.

Opening a new connection actually seems the most promising approach to
this humble poster.  Managing multiple connections is already on the
todo list -- it could be used for compilation buffers, for instance.
So just opening a new connection on a reentrant call would be fairly
easy to do, once the infrastructure is in place.

Kai