Re: printing most-negative-fixnum fails

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: printing most-negative-fixnum fails
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 11:17:29 +0300

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:
> For non-ASCII chars, print only charset name, or print
> something like below:
>
>       53794 = (make-char 'japanese-jisx0208 36 34)

Interesting idea!  Instead of a character to print information about
it.  But is it possible to print full information about a character
which will allow the user to identify it easily and unambiguously?

Character names from the Unicode data file would be ideal, but this
file is not distributed with Emacs.

> And make C-u C-u C-x C-e show a real character.  It's very
> unfortunate that we can't use C-u C-x C-e for that (I've
> never used it).

M-: and edebug also need a method of switching the character format.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/