Re: Tramp with global-auto-revert-mode.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Tramp with global-auto-revert-mode.
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 18:44:49 -0500 (CDT)

Maybe some additions to my previous answer.

Reminder:

(gdb) bt
#0  abort () at emacs.c:434
#1  0x0812a575 in mark_object (arg=142231922) at alloc.c:5034
#2  0x0812a5d6 in mark_object (arg=142409733) at alloc.c:5051
#3  0x0812948a in mark_memory (start=0xbffe91d0, end=0xbffff57c)
    at alloc.c:3781
#4  0x081294f5 in mark_stack () at alloc.c:4055
#5  0x08129aba in Fgarbage_collect () at alloc.c:4429

(gdb) frame 5
#5  0x08129aba in Fgarbage_collect () at alloc.c:4429
4429             mark_stack ();
(gdb) p (char *) stack_base + i
$41 = 0xbffff9e2 "AME=Default"
(gdb) p (char *) stack_base + i - 15
$42 = 0xbffff9d3 "GNOME_SESSION_NAME=Default"
(gdb)

This is one of my environment variables.

>From this, through all kinds of stuff I do not understand we arrive
three frames down at:

gdb) frame 2
#2  0x0812a5d6 in mark_object (arg=142409733) at alloc.c:5051
5051              mark_object (ptr->car);
(gdb) p ptr
$83 = (struct Lisp_Cons *) 0x87d0000
(gdb) p *ptr
$84 = {
  car = 142231922,
  cdr = -16
}
(gdb) p ptr->car
$85 = 142231922
(gdb) p *$85
$86 = 1230503937
(gdb) xtype
Lisp_Symbol
(gdb) xsymbol
$87 = (struct Lisp_Symbol *) 0x49580000
Argument to arithmetic operation not a number or boolean.
(gdb) p *$87
$88 = {
  gcmarkbit = 0,
  indirect_variable = 0,
  constant = 0,
  interned = 0,
  xname = 0,
  value = 0,
  function = 0,
  plist = 0,
  next = 0x0
}
(gdb) p ptr->cdr
$89 = -16
(gdb) xtype
Lisp_Int
(gdb) xint
$90 = -2
(gdb)

The ptr->car then seems to produce the abort in frame 1, as I pointed
out in my previous message.  But then again, maybe nothing I am trying
to do makes any sense.

Sincerely,

Luc.