Re: Tramp with global-auto-revert-mode.

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Tramp with global-auto-revert-mode.
Date: 17 May 2004 00:41:22 +0200

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

> For whatever it is worth, the entries 10, 11, 13 and 15 in
> last_marked, close before the abort caused by 17, refer to
> tramp-completion-file-name-handler, "cygwin-mount-name-hook-function"
> and "cygwin-mount-map-drive-hook-function".  During the execution of
> `tramp-run-real-handler' or `tramp-completion-run-real-handler', these
> three functions are elements of the list to which
> `inhibit-file-name-handlers' is bound with a let-binding.  I do not
> know whether this is meaningful, but it is a bizarre coincidence if not.

I also made emacs crash with tramp + global-auto-revert-mode.

I haven't had time to dig much into this, but it traps in the
same way as you have observed -- the offending object seems to
result from the scan for lisp-object pointers on the stack.

One thing I noticed is that tramps seems to enable undo in its
work buffers -- if that's really true, it looks like a bug to me...