Re: User-reserved element in byte code vectors

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: User-reserved element in byte code vectors
Date: 17 May 2004 12:30:05 -0400

> My idea is that it would say where to fit the new args around the old
> args.  For instance, you might want to curry args 2 and 3.  This would
> be easy if the first slot has a list saying where the curried args go.
> For instance, a list of integers saying which positions to use
> the curried args in.

We already have a very simple way to express such things:

   (curry (lambda (x2 x3 x1 x4) (f x1 x2 x3 x4) arg2 arg3)

this also has the advangtage that it is naturally extends to

   (curry (lambda (x23 x1 x4) (f x1 x23 x23 x4) arg23)

and many other cases we can't even think of yet.
And it requires ZERO extra C code.

        Stefan