cvs build error "cannot open loadfile: encoded-kb"

From: Peter Lee
Subject: cvs build error "cannot open loadfile: encoded-kb"
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 09:55:35 -0500

I'm currently unable to 'make bootstrap'.  I did a 'make realclean'
prior and also tried deleting the entire emacs tree and doing a fresh
get.  Anyone know what might be causing this?  Thanks.

Oh, I verified the file encoded-kb is in the lisp/international dir.

I'm building with latest version of mingw.

make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/e/cvs/emacs/src'
make - --unix -C ../lisp bootstrap
[Please ignore a syntax error on the next line - it is intentional]
Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
make[1]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/e/cvs/emacs/lisp'
/cygdrive/e/cvs/emacs/lisp/../update-subdirs /cygdrive/e/cvs/emacs/lisp; \
for file in calc calendar emacs-lisp emulation eshell gnus international languag
e mail mh-e net obsolete play progmodes term textmodes toolbar url; do \
   /cygdrive/e/cvs/emacs/lisp/../update-subdirs $file; \
done;
Directories: calc calendar emacs-lisp emulation eshell gnus international langua
ge mail mh-e net obsolete play progmodes term textmodes toolbar url
"./../bin/emacs.exe" -batch --no-init-file --no-site-file --multibyte -l autoloa
d \
        --eval '(setq find-file-hooks nil \
                find-file-suppress-same-file-warnings t \
                generated-autoload-file \
                  "/cygdrive/e/cvs/emacs/lisp/loaddefs.el")' \
        -f batch-update-autoloads /cygdrive/e/cvs/emacs/lisp calc calendar emacs
-lisp emulation eshell gnus international language mail mh-e net obsolete play p
rogmodes term textmodes toolbar url
Cannot open load file: encoded-kb
Signal 127
make[1]: *** [autoloads] Error 255
make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/e/cvs/emacs/lisp'
make: *** [bootstrap-gmake] Error 2