Re: Fix to long-standing crashes in GC

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Fix to long-standing crashes in GC
Date: 22 May 2004 01:43:12 +0200

I have now installed some further changes to the GC code to
fix problems with invalid Lisp_Misc objects.

The main problem was that marker blocks could be freed while
still being pointed to by buffer undo lists, but I made other
minor changes to make the code more robust.

With my fix, marker blocks are never freed (they remain
on the free marker lists) -- this can be improved by keeping
the "all free" blocks on a separate list and freeing them
at the end of GC.  I may do that later...