Re: cvs build error "cannot open loadfile: encoded-kb"

From: Alan Shutko
Subject: Re: cvs build error "cannot open loadfile: encoded-kb"
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 14:26:19 -0500

Peter Lee <address@hidden> writes:

> I've used cygwin make + mingw gcc to build emacs for a while now.

Have you used cygwin make to build a CVS emacs?  It's never worked
for me.  OTOH, the make that's in MINGW MSYS works fine.  Cygwin's
make passes cygwin format pathnames to Emacs during the build, and Emacs
doesn't understand those pathnames.

> The reason I use cygwin make in this case is because mingw make
> chokes parsing emacs makefiles.

Again, that's not my experience.  I'm afraid I don't remember which
MSYS version I'm using, but the version of make that comes with it is
GNU Make version 3.79.1.

> I can open emacs and do:
> 'M-: (update-directory-autoloads "/cygdrive/e/cvs/emacs/lisp")'

Do you have the bit that maps cygwin filenames in your .emacs?  Can
you do that if you start emacs with emacs -nw?

--
Alan Shutko <address@hidden> - I am the rocks.
The rich will do anything for the poor but get off their backs. - Karl Marx