Re: i-search face-cache crash

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: i-search face-cache crash
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 13:48:43 +0900

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
>> I still get hit by the "i-search invalid face-cache coredump" occasionally
>> (see previous threads).  It's very resistant to being found...
>
> I do remember you reported a problem in this area, but IIRC you never really
> described what happened or even hinted under what circumstances...

Here's the thread:

   http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2004-04/msg00183.html

I'm not sure what else I can say, other than it only crashes when I'm
doing an i-search (I have some sense that it happens when I hit C-s
repeatedly quickly after having paused in the middle of an i-search, or
something, but it's only a vague feeling -- probably this indicates that
there's some relationship with the `other matches highlighting' feature
of i-search).  I can't seem to reproduce it intentionally.

As I mentioned in that thread, the immediate cause of the crash is that
it's trying to render with a face-id that isn't in the face-id cache.

-Miles
--
Come now, if we were really planning to harm you, would we be waiting here,
 beside the path, in the very darkest part of the forest?