Re: i-search face-cache crash [was Re: display word wrapping]

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: i-search face-cache crash [was Re: display word wrapping]
Date: 27 May 2004 10:33:54 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 11:43:36PM +0200, Kim F. Storm wrote:
> > > I still get hit by the "i-search invalid face-cache coredump" occasionally
> > > (see previous threads).  It's very resistant to being found...
> >
> > I do remember you reported a problem in this area, but IIRC you never really
> > described what happened or even hinted under what circumstances...
>
> Look at the old thread.

If you refer to the following description (the only one I can find),
it doesn't really give much info to work from ...

> I've had several crashes recently related to i-search faces, and haven't been
> able to track down the cause; it appears that the face cache ids are being
> used even after the face cache has been cleared.

Handa and Stefan provided some extra info that wasn't directly related
to your reports, but of course need to be looked into.

As I never had any problems with i-search faces (what's so special
about them?), at least you could tell us how you have configured those
faces.

++kfs