Re: insert-directory

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: insert-directory
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 15:42:17 -0500 (CDT)

David Kastrup wrote:

   Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

   > Below is the latest version of my patch to make `i' in *Locate*
   > buffers work.
   >
   > Before installing it I want to point out the following:
   >
   > 1.  Making `i' work requires making the *Locate* buffer read-only.
   >     Otherwise, with inserted directories, trying to use `undo' and
   >     similar commands will result in complete confusion.  Is there
   >     any reason for the *Locate* buffer _not_ to be read-only?

   While the locate process is still running, you are adding to the
   buffer.  Could it be something like that?

Yes, but I believe that my patch binds inhibit-read-only to t around
the one place in `locate' that does all the inserting.  Did you try it
out and did you find some place I forgot about?

Sincerely,

Luc.