Re: display word wrapping

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: display word wrapping
Date: 26 May 2004 23:55:28 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 11:01:41PM +0200, Kim F. Storm wrote:
> > > Gnus is "safe", it's important,
> >
> > So upgrading to the new Gnus is seamless?!?!
>
> _Nothing_ is seamless, but the version of Gnus proposed for merging is
> apparently very stable (it's been the Gnus "stable" version for a year).

I meant from a user's point of view...  Can I continue using the
(exact) same Gnus configuration and setup after the upgrade?

> Anyway, in my opinion, Emacs should not be released without a Gnus update,
> even if it delays the release by some amount.  Waiting until the next Emacs
> release would be absurd.

If the new Gnus is stable, why does this have to take so much time?

Perhaps you could install the new Gnus now and later fix/merge changes
from the current emacs CVS version if there are problems (I suppose
you can do that easily with arch :-)