Re: display word wrapping

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: display word wrapping
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 11:46:48 +0200

On Fri, 28 May 2004 11:24:22 +0200
"Eli Zaretskii" <address@hidden> wrote:

> We cannot distribute anything without a source: it's against the GPL.

I didn't say anything about *not* distributing the sources :)

But anyway, it was just an idea to simplify life for Windows users. So
what you say

> But we could have a list of recommended libraries in nt/INSTALL,
> including the URLs where to find them.

is fine, *if* we can find binary libraries to recommend. I was thinking
more of situations where we would be shipping Emacs on Windows with our
own build of the libraries. That's what many projects do with
libeay32/ssleay32, for example.

> We could
> also have an entry in PROBLEMS with a description of possible trouble
> if people use DLLs other than what we recommend.

Yes, after we've sorted out the mess we definitely need to add more info
to etc/PROBLEMS and nt/INSTALL.

                                                                Juanma