Re: [gmane.emacs.devel] Tramp with global-auto-revert-mode.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [gmane.emacs.devel] Tramp with global-auto-revert-mode.
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 10:31:12 -0400

    (a) Make Tramp barf on reentrant calls.

    (b) Make Tramp wait on reentrant calls (by implementing a queue or
        somesuch).

    (c) Implement concurrency for reentrant calls (by opening more than
        one connection to the remote end).

    Are you okay with all of these, or is one of them a no-no?

I have no objection to any of them, but I don't see how (b)
could make sense.  Since Emacs is not multithreaded, a reentrant
invocation is a recursive invocation.  To wait would mean waiting
forever.