Re: display word wrapping

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: display word wrapping
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 18:50:09 +0200

> Sorry, I don't understand.  I don't use Gnus.  Could you say
> (generally) what these functions do, and also say explicitly the
> conclusion we should draw from them?

Washing in Gnus means to change how the message is displayed by
editing the buffer displaying it.  The message itself is not changed,
only the buffer displaying it.  One of the washing functions affects
long lines: You receive a message which has long lines, you then
invoke the washing function, and Gnus will display the message with
newlines in the right places.  There are other washing functions, but
those are not relevant in this context.

So M-x view-file RET could, in principle, offer similar functions.

However, IMVHO, this is not a substitute for display word wrapping.

Kai