Re: query-replace-interactive not documented

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: query-replace-interactive not documented
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 17:00:38 -0500 (CDT)

Richard Stallman wrote:

       `query-replace-interactive' is not a user option.  It is defined using
       defvar in replace.el.  Its docstring does not start with a `*' either.
       Of course, we can not document every single defvar either.

       Should it be a defcustom?

   Yes.

I converted it into a defcustom.  What is actually the policy
concerning :version keywords in converted old defvars?  Strictly
speaking, for people using only Custom to customize variables this is
a _new_ customizable option, and thus should get a `:version "21.4"'
(or whatever we are going to call the next release, I do not know
whether that has actually already been decided.)  However, this seemed
silly for a ten year old variable, so I did _not_ put in a :version
keyword.

Sincerely,

Luc.