Re: next-error refactoring

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: next-error refactoring
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 13:55:38 -0400

On Sat, 29 May 2004, address@hidden wrote:

    > Is it time to make next-error a minor mode with its own next-error.el
>     file?
>
> We already have a minor mode for this: compilation-minor-mode.

Yes, but the name "compilation-minor-mode" hardly addresses the DWIM
nature of next-error as it stands now, and the compilation-minor-mode
has other side effects (fontification, for instance).

> What code goes in what file is a completely separate question.

Yes, and I think maintenance will be easier if next-error
functionality is in its own file.  This is from my limited perspective
on Emacs, of course.

Ted