Re: [gnu.org #194297] Re: Emacs-devel list IS slow

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: [gnu.org #194297] Re: Emacs-devel list IS slow
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 23:57:29 +0300

Lawrence Mitchell <address@hidden> writes:
> | Related categories:   Computers > Software > Editors > Vi
> |                       Computers > Software > Internet > Clients > WWW >
> Browsers
>
> These are Google directory categories that Google's backend
> thinks may also be of interest.

But when the Google directory is searched for Vi then the first and only
category is still the same "Computers > Software > Editors > Vi",
not Emacs.  So there is only a one-directional relation: from Emacs to Vi.

> | Emacs: The Sacred Editor
> | Category: Computers > Open Source > Software > Editors > Emacs

This is another flaw in Google categorization: Emacs is placed
under Open Source category.

> If people think there is a flaw in the Google's /search/
> results, one can report it via email to
> address@hidden
>
> If one wants to query the web directory (which in this case is
> the pertinant one, I think), one can email
> address@hidden

Since the flaw is not in Google search results, but in the directory
where entries are hand-edited, I think the correct email to report
is the latter you suggested.

OTOH, Google search results (not from the directory) are not bad:
searching Google for the phrase "The Mother of All Languages"
(with or without quotes, no matter) returns the first link pointing
to the Emacs Lisp page :-)

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/