Re: dired.el

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: dired.el
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 00:09:24 -0500 (CDT)

>From my previous message:

   The change to `dired-insert-old-subdirs' corrects a bug when reverting
   buffers containing a subdirectory inserted using the "-R" switch.

Meant was a bug that remained after my previous patch.  After using,
say `C-u i RET "-ARl"' on directory DIR, all subdirectories of DIR
would originally be inserted using "-Al".  Before my first patch,
reverting would override this for _all_ directories with the default
switches.  After my first patch, reverting would keep the "Al" for
DIR, but override it with the default for the subdirectories of DIR.
This is hard to correct without my proposed change to
`dired-insert-old-subdirs'.  Moreover, the change seems necessitated
by efficiency considerations anyway, regardless of any bugs.

Sincerely,

Luc.