Re: display word wrapping

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: display word wrapping
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 10:40:56 +0200

On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 08:49:46 +0100
Jason Rumney <address@hidden> wrote:

> What happens if libpng is in the PATH, but zlib is not? Does Emacs
> decide that png is available, then crash trying to use it? If that is
> the case, then we should check for it. But if the libpng load fails,
> then we do not need to check for it separately.

libpng and libtiff simply fail to load, so I've removed the explicit
zlib loading from my patch.

> It seems we will have to do it from startup.el, after loading the
> init files.

Perhaps it would make sense to add it to after-init-hook in
term/*-win.el modules.

> Make sure that running it a second time has no bad effects. Ideally,
> it should try to load only those image libraries that are not already
> supported.

OK, I'll do that.

Another question.  It is a bug that a -nw run of Emacs has a non-nil
image-types?

C-h v image-types [RET]  => "image-types's value is (pbm xbm)"

                                                                Juanma