Re: display word wrapping

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: display word wrapping
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 11:09:28 +0200

On 04 Jun 2004 10:07:10 +0200
address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) wrote:

> (defun image-type-available-p (type)
>   (prog1
>      (memq type (init-image-libraries image-library-alist))
>      (setq image-library-alist nil)))
>
> supposing that init-image-libraries just returns the current image-types
> if image-library-alist is nil (and the updated list otherwise).

Yes, that's what it does: it always returns image-types (which is
already updated if any image lib is ever loaded).

I've implemented image-type-available-p as you say; to do so, I've
updated init-image-libraries to do nothing (except returning image-types)
if its argument is nil, as this is going to be the most frequent use.

> And then we could discard the image-types variable alltogether --
> except that it is still probably good for debugging/error reporting
> purposes.

Well, I use it in my patch to check whether images are loaded (I could
use the image_types list, though, but I also think is better to keep
image-types).

> Do you mean that it returns nil if no changes were made to image-types?
> I think that it should just return image-types in all cases.

Bad wording, sorry.  image-types is always returned.

New question. I'm doing

        for (dlls = XCDR (dlls); !NILP (dlls); dlls = XCDR (dlls))
          if (!CONSP (dlls) || !STRINGP (XCAR (dlls)))
            error ("Invalid data in library alist");
          else if (library = LoadLibrary (SDATA (XCAR (dlls))))
            break;

What if I wanted to show in the error the wrong data? I cannot use
"SDATA (dlls)" because dlls it could be anything:

  (init-image-libraries '((gif . I'm-bad-bad-bad)))

                                                                Juanma