Re: recompile uses wrong buffer

From: Stephan Stahl
Subject: Re: recompile uses wrong buffer
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 10:17:16 +0200 (CEST)

Hi.

Richard Stallman said:
> I am having trouble following the last sentence.  Could you state
> more precisely what you do, and what behavior you observe?
> I might agree it is wrong, but right now I'm not sure what it is,
> hence no opinion yet.

Yes of course.
I often have to compile two things. Until now i did that by M-x compile
"thing a", then M-x rename-uniquely to have a buffer *compilation*<2> and
then again did M-x compile "thing b", M-x rename-uniquely to have a buffer
*compilation*<3>. Then i could change the code in a, go to buffer
*compilation*<2> and do M-x recompile and it got recompiled in buffer
*compilation*<2>. The same with b and *compilation*<3>.
With the recent compile.el however when i do M-x recompile in either
buffer <2> or <3> it creates a new buffer *compilation* and works in that
buffer. recompile compiles the right thing (a for 2 , b for 3) but that
extra buffer should not be there. nor can i recompile both a and b in
parallel because recompile uses the same *compile* buffer for that.

Hope this helps to understand my sitiuation, just ask if not :).
--
Stephan Stahl