Re: quail big5 chinese: add another ling2 as alias for zero

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: quail big5 chinese: add another ling2 as alias for zero
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 11:21:57 +0900 (JST)

In article <address@hidden>, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

> A long, long time ago we've had the following discussion:
[...]
>>  > Also it would be nice to also add the ○ character to
>> the ling2 > list, as it is a common way to write 'zero'
>> in chinese...  > $ grep ○ xcin/cin/big5/pinyin.cin >
>> ling2 ○
>>
>>  I agree.  But, it is better not to modify
>> leim/CXTERM-DIC/PY-b5.tit itself.  Until we find a good
>> way to add Emacs original translation rule as above,
>> please use this kind of form in your .emacs.
>>
>>  (eval-after-load "quail/PY-b5" '(quail-defrule "ling2" ?
>> ○))

> Isn't it possible to add these two lines somewhere in the
> leim stuff?  Now that leim is integrated within Emacs it
> should be even easier to `fix' this.

Thank you for reminding me of this matter.  As it's already
feature freeze stage, I'd like to avoid modifying quail.el
or titdic-cnv.el.  So I took this simple approach.

Make leim/leim-ext.el and put the above line in it.
Modify leim/Makefile.in to append the contents of
leim-ext.el to leim-list.el.

Please try the latest CVS code.

---
Ken'ichi HANDA