Re: Customize interface: The use of "boxed" buttons

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Customize interface: The use of "boxed" buttons
Date: 08 Jun 2004 10:26:46 +0200

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
> > >
> > > Actually, the following patch works better, as it also changes
> > > the pointer shape over images (like checkboxes):
> >
> > I don't think that the pointer shape should be changed over images
> > without any indication that it has some special behavior.  Not every
> > image is something special to click on.
>
> The change is made in widget-specify-button -- I thought it was used
> for buttons only, and then it seems sensible to treat text and image
> buttons alike (supposing that all buttons have some "special"
> behaviour).

Of course it is.  I had not thought this was in button-specialized
code.  Don't ask me where I think it was.

> > Indicators might be mouse-face, a keymap of its own, a mouse-over
> > property.
>
> Indicators of what?

Of being intended to be a clickable button.  Of course, being in a
routine that is supposed to create a clickable button is also an
indicator of that.

Just forget the nonsense I wrote.  Sorry for that.