Re: display word wrapping

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: display word wrapping
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 13:17:00 +0200

On 08 Jun 2004 12:43:18 +0200
David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> Anyway, what does image-type-available-p imply exactly?  Should it
> perhaps get an &optional display argument like display-images-p does?

No, I don't think so.

(image-type-available-p 'jpeg)

implies that we've linked, either statically or dynamically, the
libraries needed to process jpeg images, and that we've set up pointers
to the relevant functions for loading them, etc.

> For example, postscript images are only supported on frames appearing
> on X, and so on.

Whether a frame is able to display a given image is not related to
image-type-available-p.  But you'll have to ask Kim.

                                                                Juanma