Re: display word wrapping

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: display word wrapping
Date: 08 Jun 2004 14:05:12 +0200

> OK, here's the patch with Vimage_types containing a list of potentially
> supported image types, and an internal image_type_cache serving as a
> cache alist.
>
> Questions:
>
>  - Should image_type_cache be exported to Lisp? OOH, it is an
>    implementation detail; OTOH, exporting it would allow reseting an
>    entry and trying a new library without restarting Emacs (if a load
>    failed, of course; there's no support for unloading image libraries).

IMO it is ok to have to restart emacs to try other libraries.
So it is not necessary to export it to lisp.

>  - I'm initializing Vimage_types in syms_of_image() instead of
>    init_image(), because I have the relevant #ifdef's already in place,
>    but that's no a very good reason :)  Should I move it?

It is ok to do it in syms_of_image -- actually, while you are at it,
you should move Vimage_types and the associated DEFVAR_LISP from
xdisp.c to image.c; then you will declare and initialize the var
together as we normally do.

>  - Is any way to do a defconst from C code? (There's no DEFCONST_LISP).
>    Or is it irrelevant?

For what purpose?

I suppose there is some flag you can set on the symbol to make it
constant -- cannot remember right now.