Re: @#$! new behavior of C-b & C-f in i-search

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: @#$! new behavior of C-b & C-f in i-search
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 11:17:32 +0300

>     > When C-f is typed in the end of the isearch minibuffer (activated by
>     > M-e) it could append characters from the isearch buffer to the
>     > search string in the minibuffer.
>
>     Since no one objected, I propose the following patch.  Generally, this
>     means that to pull characters into the search string instead of typing
>
> This change is ok with me.

I have another idea (I'm sorry, it didn't occur to me earlier).

C-M-w could be used as a key switching between word and character
modes, i.e. after typing C-M-w in isearch mode subsequent
C-w will pull a character and DEL will delete a character.
Another C-M-w will switch back to word mode with C-w and DEL
restoring their current meaning.

However, this might be too complicated to be useful.

So unless someone finds this idea worth considering further,
a simpler solution with C-M-y to pull and C-M-w to delete
a character will be installed.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/