Re: query-replace-interactive not documented

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: query-replace-interactive not documented
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 21:50:53 -0400

    I noticed that the commentary section of isearch.el has the following
    TODO item:

    ;; - Think about incorporating query-replace.

    Does anyone know what it was intended to do?

I don't remember any specific plan, but I think the idea was
that at some point you'd switch from isearch to query-replacing
the current string.  In other words, what you're talking about
seems more or less the idea that was intended.