Re: Bug tracking (was: new *Help* argument highlighting)

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Bug tracking (was: new *Help* argument highlighting)
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 04:12:51 +0200

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 21:50:59 -0400, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

> However, using some special
> "issue tracker" seems like doing it the hard way.

Why?

Why it is the good way for so many projects and would be "hard" for us?

Issue trackers have many advantages, from statistics to easy work flow,
from categorization of bugs to accesibility to outside and/or casual
users.

> The main job is collecting the information to put in the file.

I agree.  And certainly, we can do that (using an etc/BUGS file) if
that's what's decided.  It would already be better than what we do now.
But a few of us have expressed interest in finding a good solution via a
dedicated software solution.  Are you vetoing it?

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u